Hospitals are under strict regulations to ensure their communications systems between doctors, nurses and technicians reduce the chances of injury caused by mistakes and negligence. Every hospital in Oregon and southwestern Washington is required to have a compliance department, with the sole function of administering and overseeing state health and safety regulations.
If you believe your injury during a recent hospital stay was the result of an administration error or miscommunication between medical care providers, you may have a legitimate claim for damages. Talk to an attorney at the medical malpractice law firm of Miller & Wagner, in Portland. Our trial attorneys have extensive experience related to hospital systems and liability for meeting the standards of medical diagnosis, surgery and treatment. To determine the full extent of liability, we work with independent medical professionals to investigate and prepare evidence for recovering compensation for your injuries.
Hiring and Staffing Practices
Hospitals are required to hire licensed and fully credentialed doctors, nurses and technicians. We know the strategies hospitals and clinics often use to skirt hiring and credentialing regulations and work with independent specialists, when necessary to give our clients a powerful advantage for your hospital negligence or medical malpractice claim.
Examples of hospital systems negligence include:
- Unlicensed or uncredentialed doctors and nurses
- Chart errors, file and administration errors
- Communication and transmittal errors between hospital and primary care physicians
- Improper monitoring of patients
- Medication errors
- Nursing errors, doctor’s failure to give clear instructions to nurses
- Nutrition and dehydration negligence
- Infections resulting from unsanitary conditions or care of surgical wounds
- Discharge from the hospital before the patient is ready to go home
From our offices in Portland, our medical malpractice trial attorneys represent plaintiffs in medical negligence claims against physicians and health care providers throughout Oregon and Washington. For your convenience, we have a satellite office in Eugene.