Paramedics and emergency medical technicians (EMTs) are first responders. They are responsible for providing prompt care in critical situations. When an individual is injured due to the negligence of a first responder, he or she should speak with an attorney about his or her legal rights and options.
At Miller & Wagner, our Portland paramedic and EMT errors lawyers have significant knowledge of first responder protocol. We are able to identify when the standard of care has been breached and when paramedics or EMTs have been negligent. If you or a loved one has been injured, schedule a free consultation with us.
Examples of Paramedic and EMT Negligence
We handle paramedic and EMT negligence claims that arise from acts of negligence that include:
- Failure to respond in a timely manner
- Failure to bring correct equipment to the scene
- Failure to use medical devices and equipment in the correct manner
- Failure to keep ambulatory equipment in proper working order
- Medication errors
- Failure to train and staff paramedics and EMTs
- Failure to administer oxygen
- Failure to identify and treat life-threatening injuries and medical conditions
There are many ways in which a person can sustain further injury or illness due to the negligence of a first responder. With more than 25 years of medical malpractice litigation experience, our attorneys can swiftly identify the negligence as well as effectively present evidence that proves the negligence. Working with medical experts, we develop a winning litigation strategy to obtain maximum compensation for your losses.
From our offices in Portland, our medical malpractice trial attorneys represent plaintiffs in medical negligence claims against physicians and health care providers throughout Oregon and Washington. For your convenience, we have a satellite office in Eugene.