Portland Electronic Medical Records Error Attorney
Electronic medical records have been hailed a cure for charting errors in hospitals. Unfortunately, new records systems tend to produce a spike of errors resulting in injury to patients. If you or a family member has been injured due to a medical charting error, you may be entitled to compensation for all of the damages you have suffered, including financial damages, pain and suffering, and permanent injury.
At the law firm of Miller & Wagner, LLP, our attorneys investigate and present damage claims for personal injury caused by charting errors. Our lawyers offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. With offices in Eugene and Portland, our lawyers represent families throughout Oregon and southwestern Washington.
Charting Errors Can Lead to Treatment Errors
According to one recent study, one in three hospital patients will encounter a mistake during a hospital stay. Examples of charting errors include:
- Medication errors, such as prescribing the wrong dose or the wrong medicine
- Prescribing the right drug to the wrong patient
- Failure to note allergies and other patient medical information on charts
- Misidentification of patients
- Communication and transmittal errors between hospitals, labs and physicians
- Forcing doctors to enter notes by selecting from a list of items, rather than entering a more descriptive prescription
Unfortunately, health care professionals have a tendency to rely on information contained in computers without double-checking to see if it is accurate. As a result, charting errors can cause even greater harm on a computer than on a paper chart.
Contact Our Oregon Medical Record Mistakes and Errors Law Firm
Call 503-299-6116 or 866-785-6625 to arrange a no-cost consultation with our Portland electronic medical record errors lawyers. We represent mothers and families throughout Oregon and southwestern Washington. For your convenience, we have a satellite office in Eugene.