Complications are not uncommon during pregnancy. However, today’s medical technology allows doctors and other medical staff to monitor, diagnose and treat complications effectively, preventing injury to the mother and the fetus. Unfortunately, negligence at any point in the pregnancy, labor or delivery process can result in a chain reaction of errors with devastating consequences.
At Miller & Wagner, our attorneys investigate and present damage claims for medical negligence during the pregnancy, labor and delivery process. Our lawyers offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. With offices in Pacific City and Portland, our lawyers represent families throughout Oregon and Washington.
OB-GYN Errors Leading to Birth Injuries
When a child is born with a serious injury, it may be due to negligence on the part of the OB-GYN or other medical staff. Examples of negligence include:
- Failure to conduct appropriate screening for birth defects
- Failure to diagnose and treat preeclampsia
- Failure to diagnose and treat gestational diabetes
- Failure to properly monitor the fetus during labor and delivery
- Negligent use of forceps or suction extraction
- Failure to perform an emergency C-section
As a former medical malpractice defense attorney, Dave Miller has access to an outstanding network of physicians who can review the facts of your case and identify the signs of negligence. He understands how insurance companies defend medical malpractice cases and build a strong case to support a finding of negligence.